Division Manager HSE
Matrix Service Company
Catoosa, OK, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Job SummaryThe Divisional Manager – HSE is responsible for implementing Project Safety, Accountability Programs, Accident and Fire Protection Programs, Risk Management issues, and maintaining full compliance with Company, Client and State/Federal safety regulations over assigned area or projects. The position has direct management over other safety positions within area or projects. Reports to the HSE Business Unit Manager. Essential Functions
- Actively supports the Company’s commitment to safety and its “Core Values.”
- Represents the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company’s “Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.”
- Maintains full compliance with all Company, State/Federal and Client safety regulations at all times, throughout the Region.
- Initiates and participates (with Operations) in all Accident/Incident investigations to determine Root-Causes and development of a Corrective Action Plan, including associated reports.
- Manages offices in assigned area, including committees and project HSE performance.
- Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports.
- Develops project specific HSE programs and procedures through interface and teamwork with Project / Operations management/supervisory personnel.
- Maintains Accountability Programs on all projects for safety-related issues and works with supervision to ensure uniform application of safety related discipline.
- Serves as a mentor to other HSE professionals.
- Provides management of Workers’ Compensation program.
- Maintains compliance with the Substance Abuse program.
- Works with the HSE Director, OU Managers and Business Unit HSE Managers to develop yearly Safety Goals and a Written Safety Action Plan to assist in achieving the goals.
- Assigns field Safety Representatives to projects (as required) and issues direction for project compliance.
- Conducts or schedules training (as required) for supervision and field employees for new hire/re-hire orientations, Client orientations, S.T.A.R.T., etc. Other training as may be required to maintain compliance with Corporate Safety Manual Procedures or State/Federal safety regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational/ environmental safety and health management, or equivalent combination of education/experience in lieu of degree.
- 5+ years of safety experience as an individual contributor in construction or industrial fabrication facility or equivalent background, plus 3+ years of previous supervisory and/or management experience strongly preferred.
- Construction Safety Professional (CSP) certification preferred.
- Strong understanding of Federal OSHA safety regulations, as well as applicable state regulations.
- Strong understanding of project safety planning/management.
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Overtime and travel may be required.