Patient Services Representative, RHC - MOB, Full-Time, Days\n
Join our Hillcrest Claremore team as a day shift, full time Patient Service Rep with Internal Medicine!\n
Who We Are\n
Hillcrest Hospital Claremore is an acute care medical center located in Claremore, OK, and offers a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services including maternity, cardiology, emergency, orthopedics and surgery. Hillcrest Hospital Claremore consistently receives high quality scores and is a recipient of the Certified Healthy Oklahoma Award of Excellence.
With great nurse-to-patient ratios and a strong clinical support team, we offer great learning opportunities to grow your career, while doing what you love most – caring for people. If you meet the minimum requirements below, enjoy work that is valued, has purpose and you want to join our team… please apply today.
Want to make a difference? The ideal team member will:\n
- Multi-faceted position consisting of customer service, insurance verification, registration, payment collection and data entry and referrals. \n
- Responsible for ensuring patient flow, medical record availability and completeness, scheduling physician/provider appointments and maintenance of physician appointment schedules. \n
- Receives and greets patients and visitors, ascertaining their needs and assisting them in a timely and courteous manner. \n
- Answers telephone promptly in a customer friendly manner. \n
- Collects and verifies accurate patient information and enters into registration system. \n
- Receives payment for services and correctly completes charge slips for data entry. \n
- Committed to being a team player by performing all duties as required or assigned to provide quality patient care. \n
- Responsibility to uphold the policies and procedures of Hillcrest Healthcare System. \n
Want to be a part of our team? Qualifications for this position include:\n
- High School Diploma or GED \n
- Previous customer service experience preferred \n
- Previous medical office experience would be a plus \n
Excellent written/verbal/telephone communication skills are essential, along with basic computer knowledge, and a basic understanding of insurance, referrals, and medical records. This position will adhere to all policies, procedures, and regulations to ensure patient safety and compliance.